Roadmap out of Lockdown: What does it mean for UK Holidays?
Last week the Government announced it’s Roadmap out of Lockdown, detailing key dates and the easing of restrictions. Here’s a short summary of when you and your loved ones can holiday in Norfolk.
12th April – Holidays are back!
From 12th April we are allowed to open and start hosting guests once again for their Norfolk Holidays. Here are the key points you need to know:
- Only guests from one single household (and/or their support bubbles) can stay in the same property.
- Pubs and other hospitality venues will be able to serve guests outdoors.
- Substantial meals will not be required when ordering a drink, meaning #ScotchEggGate is no more!
17th May – Rule of six returns (or two households)
Just after the middle of May we will once again be able to host mixed households.
- Two households of any size will be able to holiday together at one of our many cottages across Norfolk.
- If you are from 3 or more households, you are allowed to stay, however the rule of six is once again in place.
- Advice remains in place about social distancing where possible with those outside of your household.
- Pubs, bars and restaurants will once again be allowed to serve customers indoors. Customers will continue having to order, eat and drink from the table.
- Entertainment venues (E.g. cinemas) and children’s play areas will be allowed to open.
21st June – Normality returns!
The Government’s roadmap out of lockdown states from this date they are hoping to reopen remaining premises and venues.
- Restrictions on households for bookings will be lifted.
- Number of guests will once again only be restricted by the number of beds and maximum occupancy of properties.
- Although restrictions will be lifted, the Government will continue to advise ‘hands, face, space’.
We can’t wait to host you all in the coming months, and get back to what’s important – Ensuring our guests have the best Norfolk holidaying experience possible!
And remember, if this year has taught us anything, it’s that things can change quickly. This is why our Covid-19 cancellation policy will continue to remain in place.